Thursday, March 3, 2011

Monitoring Software For Parents and Families

As a parent I am always acutely aware of my actions towards my teenagers. Getting in the way of their self autonomy and self confidence can arrest their selfhood. I know my kids need direction, but knowing when to act and when to let them stand on their own is often a dilemma. I have found using a monitoring software can greatly increase your control over the safety of your children on the internet.Clearly not allowing your kids to use the internet is not a good thing to do, because despite the dangers, the internet is an exceptional learning tool. Dis advantaging your children by removing their computer is obviously a mistake. To gain the protection and peace of mind for me and my wife, we found the most interesting solution is a monitoring software.
This type of software can be installed on your childs computer and with a simple keyboard shortcut that you have to remember, you can make it invisible and then re appear again for settings or editing. You can also have logs sent remotely so you get real time monitoring while you are at work. It only takes a second to look at the most recent log to find out which website they are visiting and what they are doing and who they are talking to. This type of close monitoring is very useful and we will continue to do this until she is old enough to make her decisions online for herself without getting into trouble.

source:http://ezinearticles.com/?Monitoring-Software-For-Parents-and-Families&id=4134893

No comments:

Post a Comment